Using the Belvo API, you have the possibility to register two types of links:
Single links are used to perform ad hoc data access to a user's banking data (accounts, owners and transactions) and fiscal data (invoices, tax returns and tax status).
For single links you will have to perform POST calls to individual endpoints to retrieve fresh data from the institution.
With recurrent links, Belvo automatically accesses information on a daily basis so you always have fresh and updated accounts, owners and transactions data.
Every day we automatically connect to the institution to retrieve:
- For bank institutions:
- the accounts information for the link, including the live balance and credit data
- the new transactions added during the last 365 days
- the owners information for the link
- For fiscal institutions:
- any new invoices sent or received during the last 5 years
- any new tax returns added in the last 5 years
Then, as soon as you need the data, you can directly use the list/detail endpoints to instantly access up to date information, without needing to connect to the institution.
You can read more about the difference between single-use and recurrent links in our developer portal.